- Data collected
- Data provided to us: we collect personal information about you during the registration process (i.e. mandatory data), update of your profile (i.e. optional data) and the interactive features (e.g. forum, events).
- Data collected automatically: we may collect automatically some data such as your location, statistics about your access using cookies or other technologies.
- Data collected from other sources: we may collect information from third-party data source (e.g. a social media network).
- Reason of collecting data: we may collect your data for several reasons including statistical, troubleshooting, preventing criminal activity.
- Data sharing: we do not share your data in any way form to third-parties without the IA member’s permission except for: if you are violating our GTC, or comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We may also share aggregated information in an anonymous way (i.e. without identifying the specific IA member).
- Data rights: you may exercise your data protection rights, including to access, amend, update, delete your content, and/ or unsubscribe newsletters/ promotional content, and/ or complain to a local data protection authority.
- Other policies:
- Retention policy: we may retain information mainly for backup, archival and/or audit purposes, to prevent fraud or other criminal activity.
- Age policy: children and minors (under the age of 18) are not eligible to access and use the InArtist web platform.
1. Data collected
We may collect data and information in different ways: a) when provide to us; b) automatically and/ or c) from other sources.
a) Data provided to us:
- During the registration process to become a member of IA, we collect some personal mandatory information from you such as your name, email address, nationality, location, arts, date of birth.
- Other optional data (such as profile photo, languages) are collected when uploaded to your profile. This is optional but enables the member to better use our services.
- Data provided in connection with the use of interactive features: messages, forum, stories, groups and related events.
Most of the data above are visible by default by other members. However, each member may change the content and control the visibility of such fields directly under settings of his/ her user profile. User’s password is never visible to any other IA member or any third party at any time.
Any IA member can choose to invite other people to join IA. Related email addresses of the invitees are used by IA only to send the invitation emails and are kept only to register contacts connection if the invitation is accepted, and to track the success of such invitations.
b) Data collected automatically:
- Location: we may collect data about your location each time you access or use the IA platform, or otherwise once requested
- Device and log: we may collect data about your access or use of the IA platform, including your device, access times, browser type, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- Cookies and other technologies: we may automatically collect information using cookies to recognize the member during the session and when he/ she returns to the IA platform. A cookie is a small file of data stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies and other technologies are, among other things, used to improve our services and members’ experience, monitor their activity, count their visits and understand their usage time. Every member can remove or block the use cookie changing the settings of his/ her browser. If you do not accept or your browser settings do not allow cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of the IA platform.
c) Data collected from other sources: we may collect information from other sources and combine it with data collected directly through our Services (see a. and b. points above). If you create or log into IA through a third-party data source (e.g. a social media network), we may have access to certain data from that site, such as your name, email address, profile picture, connections and other information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party data source. IA may supplements the member profile with such data in order to improve the IA members’ experience.
2. Reason of collecting data
Data collected may be used to improve the service of the IA platform, and particularly:
- for statistical or market research purposes;
- for identification and authentication purposes;
- to deliver informative notices;
- to deliver communications relevant for the use of the IA platform;
- for troubleshooting problems;
- for detecting and/ or protecting against and preventing fraudulent or other criminal activity;
- for distribution to third party contractors who provide services to us (such as our email server) who are bound by our privacy restrictions or restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy;
- to enforce our General Terms of Services (i.e. GTS).
3. Data sharing
Personal data with other IA members and third parties
- IA members’ profile data are available to other IA members depending on each member chosen individual privacy settings. Each member should be aware that, sharing information with other members, is at his/ her own risk. IA cannot control the actions of IA members regarding the use of data collected from other IA members. IA is not responsible for data publicly visible on the IA platform to other members.
- Any data publicly visible in the IA platform may be accessed by third parties when they visit the IA platform and may be found by search engines.
IA may regularly send out messages (e.g. newsletters or administrative notification) and emails to all IA members to communicate, among other things, about new features, changes to the IA services, and statistics.
- With IA member’s permission, including when notified through IA services that the information provided will be shared in a particular manner and the member subsequently agree to provide such information;
- to identify, contact or bring legal action against you if you are violating our GTC or if we believe you are causing injury or interference with the rights of any IA members, or IA in general;
- if the IA platform will be object of any asset deal (e.g. merger, sale of the company) to a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be transferred;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- to protect the security or integrity of IA services, and to protect IA, IA users or the public from harm or illegal activities.
IA may use members’ personal data, or any other information in an anonymous way (i.e. without identifying the specific IA member) to third parties, including for example aggregated data (e.g. by age, location, nationality) about the usage of the IA services for such purposes that IA considers to be appropriate.
IA takes reasonable measures to help protect information about IA members from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
4. Data rights
You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, depending on the country in which you live, including the following:
- Request to access, amend, update, delete your content
- Ask us at any time to restrict or deny the process of your data
- Deny your consent to receive promotional messages or our newsletter, sending us an email with “unsubscribe”. You can also change your email preferences in the settings of your user profile.
- Complain to a local data protection authority about the collection and use of your data.
Under the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the controller of your information is InArtist Organization SL. Consider that some InArtist members (City and Group Curators) control part of your information. You should contact them if you have any questions regarding the information you shared with them.
5. Other policies
IA may retain information submitted by IA members for such time as is reasonably necessary following termination/deactivation of a member account for backup, archival and/or audit purposes, to prevent fraud or other criminal activity, or prevent violation of our GTC and for such time as may be required by applicable laws. Access to any IA personal data is limited to IA employees, contractors and agents, to the extent relevant to their job duties (such as processing certain information). Anyone with access to IA personal data is bound by strict confidentiality obligations.
Children and minors (under the age of 18) are not eligible to use any IA services and are therefore not allowed to submit the signup/registration form to become IA’s members. Parents and legal guardians are responsible for the protection of their children’s privacy.
Last update: 23 May 2018